Friday, December 2, 2011

The Shop Still Around - The Wrist Watch Stopped Ticking.



My first Tissot wrist watch a  Silver Royal Group, bought at Kuala Lumpur in 1970 for RM165.00.
(Condition - Unserviceable)

My second wrist watch Tudor Oysterdate Chronograph bought at Penang in 1986 for RM900.00.
This was my official flight navigation watch from 1984 - 1991 prior to my retirement.
(Condition  - Unserviceable)

When I came back from the United States in 1983, I changed my Tissot Chronograph(1970) wrist watch to Tudor Chronograph(1984) by Rolex. It was a faithful watch and really compatible for my aircrew navigation purposes. But it stopped working in 1994 two years after retiring from the Air Force and the Rolex service center estimated the cost of repair be about RM3,000.00. Well! I decided to keep it aside and today its classic value is probably known to reach over RM7,000.00 by now. Oftenly asked for sale by friends but naturally I turned their mind away from the subject.


Tudor that came with informations, a certificate and a box.

My Tudor purchase receipt dated 1984 from Kai Ming Store Sdn. Bhd.

My Tudor have been overhauled in 1995
at The Rolex Centre, Jalan Raja Chulan, Kuala Lumpur.



No comments: